Wondering how to pick the best roofing contractors in Dublin? Here’s a simple guide to finding a reliable roofing company and a checklist of questions you MUST ask before hiring a company to work on your roof.
Hiring a company to work on your roof takes a lot of trust – you need to be happy with their work, feel comfortable with them around your home and feel that you’re getting your money’s worth.
The first piece of advice we can give you is: don’t rush and hire the first roofing contractor you find. Look into their reputation (if the company is well established you should be able to find plenty of good reviews about them online), ask friends and family for recommendations and check any credentials out.
By doing a bit of research, you’ll end up saving money in the long term – a good roof company will only have to do the work once, and their work should last for years.
How to Hire a Reliable Roofing Company: The Checklist
1) Choose a local roofing company. By choosing a Dublin-based roofer, you can make sure they have a good reputation in your local community and check out some of their previous work. There shouldn’t be any problems in the future, but if there are – you’ll always be able to go back to them for help. This is essential when you’re relying on a roofing warranty – the last thing you need is a company giving you a 3-year warranty then closing or vanishing! Remember, a roofing warranty is only as good as the roofing company.
2) Make sure they have insurance. This is non-negotiable! A reputable roofing contractor will have full insurance and liability cover.
3) Ask for a full estimate with advice. Ask your roofer their advice on what roofing materials would be the best choice for your property and why. Get them to engage with you and ask questions about the work. Being able to discuss things with your roofer is essential, you want to be able to talk to them about your concerns. Whatever option they suggest, or you decide to go with, always make sure you get the full details (and cost) in writing. For smaller emergency work, this might not be an option and that is perfectly normal and acceptable. Keep in mind that if you’re getting your roof refurbished, your roofer might find unexpected problems once they get to work that they couldn’t have predicted on your estimate.
4) Don’t automatically choose the cheapest option. Always choose a roofing company because they give you quality advice and you’re confident in their abilities. Never go with a quote because they’re a few hundred euro less than others you’ve received. As with everything, you get what you pay for. A cheap roof will likely lead to a lot of upkeep and problems that need fixing – costing you more in the long run. You’ll usually find that companies doing cheap work do not offer any guarantees with their work either, meaning you have to pay for any fixes out of your own pocket.
5) Get your project’s details in writing. As well as getting an estimate in writing, make sure you get full payment terms and a timeline on paper. Always agree on how you’re going to pay and when. Remember, a freelance contractor might offer you a great value cash deal, but good luck tracking them down if something goes wrong.
6) Avoid cold callers. Think about this for a moment, a hard-working roofer who prides themselves on doing high quality work doesn’t go around knocking on people’s doors. If someone knocks on your door offering to fix ‘storm damage’, get a trusted and verified roofing company to check out the problem.
The main thing to remember when looking for a roofing company is to do your research. Ask for recommendations and check reviews online. Once you think you’ve found a roofer you’re happy with, make sure you’re happy with the level of communication you get from them. A reliable roofer is one that answers your calls and emails. If someone isn’t bothering to answer your calls while they’re trying to sell you their services, what are they going to be like once they’ve got your money?
A trustworthy Dublin roofing company will be happy to help you, whatever your needs may be and here at D.Hennessy Roofing is no different! We have been serving the people of Dublin for over 25 years. We are fully licensed, insured and certified Dublin roofers. D.Hennessy Roofing is a trusted member of the National Guild of Master Craftsmen. When you choose D.Hennessy Roofing, you can rest assured your roof is in the right hands.